I Know My Savior Lives
2010 Primary Program
Sunbeams Up
Dallen Stevens: This year we have had the opportunity to feel and understand the great love that our Savior, Jesus Christ, has for us. Through the witness of the Holy Ghost, we learned that because of the central role of Jesus Christ in our Heavenly Father’s plan, we can have faith in Him. We learned that our faith grows stronger as we keep the commandments, serve, share the gospel, follow the example of the Savior, and prepare for His Second Coming.
Stand up
Entire Primary Sings: “I Know That My Savior Loves Me” (back of outline)
Stay Standing / Sunbeams Stay Up
CTR 4 (Barney)
Sophia Biesinger: “We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost” (Article of Faith 1:1)
Reese Kempton: We all look different but no matter how different we look, we all have a spirit inside our body and our spirit gives us life.
Loralei Bailey: Who is the Father of your Spirit?
Dominic Valdez: In Malachi chapter 2 verse10 it says God is the Father of my Spirit.
Burk-lee Mabeus: Heavenly Father sent us to earth to live in families. How many people in your family?
Tarah Brunelle: I have six people in my family (show on hand number of people -- 6). I have a mother, a father (give name of siblings)
Kate Barney: I have an earthly family and a heavenly family. I’m not only a child of the Barney family but also a Child of God. Every time I look in the mirror, I see a child of God.
Sunbeams & CTR 4 sing: “I Am a Child of God.” P.2-3
CTR 5 Class (Rawleigh)
Carson Dean: In John chapter 3 verse 16, we read, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Entire Primary Sings: He Sent His Son (CS, 34-35)
Sit Down / Sunbeams Down
Brother Saunders: Garrett, what is the 3rd Article of Faith?
Garrett Whitlock: “We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”
Brother Saunders: Luke, can you tell us a story to teach us about the atonement?
Luke Saunders : A man was walking along a road. He fell into a deep hole. He tried and tried but could not get out. He called for help. Another man was walking on the same road. He heard the man cry for help. He lowered a ladder down into the hole. The man climbed the ladder out of the hole. The man was saved.
Brother Saunders: When we do wrong or sin, it is like falling into a deep hole that we cannot get out of by ourselves. Just as someone helped the man out of the hole, Jesus Christ can help and save us so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again.
Valiant 10 (Sister Correnti)
(Conversation between Evan and Lars)
Evan Carlyle: We know that prophets are called by God and God speaks through prophets.
Lars Ljungkull: A scripture that reminds us of this is from Luke chapter 1 verse 70, “He spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began.”
Evan Carlyle: In fact, just last month we were able to hear our prophet speak!
Lars Ljungkull: That’s right, at General Conference, we listened to the prophet, President Monson, speak of the things we need to focus on for the next six months!
(Conversation between
Madison Whitlock: Let’s remember that God has always spoken through prophets, since the beginning of time.
Daileigh Foust: Yes! I also remember that when God spoke to Moses. We are reminded of this story in Exodus 3:10, “Come now, therefore and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people, the children of
Madison Whitlock: What a great reminder of how all of our many prophets are called by God, and how God speaks through prophets! Isn’t it important to follow our prophet’s messages today, so we won’t go astray?
Stand Up / Sunbeams Up
Entire Primary w/Selected Singers Sing: Follow the Prophet
Sit Down / Sunbeams Down
Valiant 10 (Sister Correnti)
Will, Dylan, Bailey, Reed & Dylan: The 6th Article of Faith reads, “We believe in the same organization that existed in the
(Conversation between Will & Derek)
Will Sutton: We know that Jesus Christ restored the full gospel through Joseph Smith.
Derek Vanbuskirk: We also understand that Jesus Christ established his church when he was living on the earth. Today, we call this the “
Will Sutton: That’s exactly right, and that is why we are so lucky to be able to study the book of Mormon today!
(Conversation between Bailey, Dylan & Reed)
Bailey Dean: I remember Joseph Smith reading in James 1:5, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God.”
Dylan Vanbuskirk: That’s exactly what Joseph Smith did. He went to the woods to pray.
Reed McRae: Then Joseph saw a pillar of light over his head and Heavenly Father pointed to Jesus Christ and said, “This is my beloved son.”
Bailey Dean: Can you imagine our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appearing to Joseph Smith?!
Reed McRae: That would be pretty amazing, but let’s not forget, he also helped Joseph Smith translate the book of Mormon!
Bailey Dean: That’s right. Joseph Smith wasn’t able to read the writing on the gold plates without the help of Heavenly Father!
Dylan Vanbuskirk: Because of Joseph Smith’s translation of the Book of Mormon, now we can follow God’s plan.
Stand Up / Sunbeams Up
Entire Primary Sings: The
Sit Down / Sunbeams Down
CTR 7 Class (Stearman)
Rachael Howell: Article of Faith #4 says that as Latter-day saints, “We believe in the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: (put up 1 finger) Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, (put up 2 fingers) second, Repentance; (hold up 3 fingers) third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; (put up 4 fingers) fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
Blake Whitlock: Number 1 (hold up finger) is Faith. My faith in Jesus Christ is strengthened when I obey. When my mom tells me to read to my brother and sister, I do!
CTR 7 Class Sings: Faith (CS, 96-97)
Mia Housewright: (hold up 2 fingers) Number 2 is Repentance. Because of Jesus Christ, when we do something wrong we can repent, which means we stop sinning and turn to God.
Hunter Hatch: Repentance includes feeling sorry for breaking a commandment, asking for forgiveness, righting the wrong, and not repeating the wrong. For example, when someone gets angry and hits his brother or sister. What should he do?
Luke Thatcher: (answer question from above) Say he’s sorry and never do it again – and mean it. I am grateful for the opportunity Jesus Christ has given us to repent.
Blake Whitlock: (hold up three fingers) Number 3 is Baptism. When I was baptized, I made a covenant with God. A covenant is a two-way promise.
Ryan Ruiz: Like when I promise to lend you a book if you will promise to return it, right?
Rachel Howell: Yes, you are right. You promise me and I promise you. At baptism, I promised to take upon the name of Jesus Christ. And the Lord promised that I will always have His Spirit to be with me.
Hunter Hatch: When I am baptized, I promise to keep the commandments. And the Lord promises that I can return to live with Him.
Kaylen Brunelle: Number 4 is Gift of the Holy Ghost. After I was baptized by my father, I was confirmed. When I was confirmed, I received the gift of the Holy Ghost which is the right to the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. When I read the Book of Mormon, I felt the Holy Ghost with me.
Valiant 9 (Sister McClendon)
Begin by all gathering around the microphone
ALL: By the power of the Holy Ghost, ye may know the truth of all things.
(Conversation between Alysse, Brayen &
Alysse Francis: We know that the Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead and the first article of Faith is a perfect example of this.
Brayden Smith: We believe in God, the eternal Father, and in His son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
(Conversation between speakers 4-7)
Amanda Sutton: We know the Holy Ghost does not have a body of flesh and bones, but he can speak to our minds and hearts.
McKee Thatcher: That’s for sure! The Holy Ghost can comfort and teach us, tell us what we should do, change our hearts, and fill us with love and joy.
Kaitlyn Howell: We know that the Holy Ghost can guide and direct us if we listen for his still small voice
We know that when we experience a peaceful feeling when doing acts of kindness, or when we read our scriptures, or pray, that this is the Holy Ghost telling us that what we are doing is true and right! .
Stand Up / Sunbeams Up
Entire Primary Sings: The Holy Ghost
Sit Down / Sunbeams Stay Up
Sunbeam ( ½ )
Teacher: This year we learned that we need to follow Christ’s example. In Luke 18:22 Jesus said, “Come follow me.” How can you follow Jesus’ example?
Sawyer Homec: I can follow Jesus by saying my prayers.
Malia Howell: I can follow Jesus by loving my sisters.
GK Johnson: I can follow Jesus by following the prophets.
Brinley Mattsson: I can follow Jesus by reading the scriptures.
Maverick Risenmay: I can follow Jesus by being good to my momma. I can love her, and maybe even clean my room. Jesus wants us to be clean and nice to others.
Stand Up
Entire Primary Sings: Come Follow Me
Sit Down / Sunbeams Down
CTR 6 (Sister Ray)
Summer McRae: This year in Primary we learned that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and He is a God of miracles.
Olivia Gines: In 2 Nephi chapter 27 verse 23 it says, “For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.”
Austin Ruiz: I believe Jesus is a God of miracles because when he was on a ship with the disciples, there was a big storm and the disciples were scared, but Jesus told the sea, “Peace be still” and the storm stopped.
Walker Risenmay: I believe Jesus is a God of miracles because he has power over death. After Lazarus died, Martha went to Jesus and asked him if he could save her brother. Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live,” and Lazarus was risen from the dead (John 11:25).
Caleb Van Buskirk: Miracles come to those who have faith. Jesus gave his life so that we can return to Heavenly Father. This is a miracle to me because I know that if I have faith I will get to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus some day.
Valiant 8 (Brother Sutton)
Dallen Stevens: What is the mission of the church? The mission of the church is to invite all to come unto Christ. Kylee, what do the Scriptures tell us?
Kylee Bailey:
Haylee Jackman: One way we can invite all to come unto Christ is by sharing the Gospel. I can share the Gospel by inviting friends to my house for Family Home Evening or to Girls Activity Day.
Austin Barney: We can also help others come unto Christ by doing missionary work and family history work and temple work.
Rylee Mangan: We can also come unto Christ by showing our love for him (Drew), How do YOU show your love for Jesus?
Drew Mattsson: I show my love for Jesus when I keep his commandments. In John Chapter 14, Verse 15, Jesus says “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
I keep the commandments when I only read and watch things that are pleasing to Heavenly Father, like reading the Friend magazine and watching church movies during Family Home Evening.
Adrian Valdez: I obey the commandments when I honor my parents and do my part to strengthen my family. When we follow the commandments, Heavenly Father gives us blessings.
Annie Saunders: Besides obeying the commandments, it is important to pray. My love for Jesus grows when I pray. Prayer helps me grow closer to Jesus because
When hard or scary things happen I know I can pray and be comforted. When blessings come, I feel grateful and know that He answers my prayers.
Aubrey: My love for Jesus also grows when I study the Scriptures. When I read the Scriptures, I learn the many ways Jesus loved us and served us. Let’s hear some more about service from the Sunbeams.
Sunbeams Up
Sunbeams (other ½)
Teacher: When Jesus Christ was on the earth he served others. By serving others we can be like Jesus. Mosiah 2:17 tells us, “When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God. How can we serve others?
Claire Thatcher: I can serve others by helping them clean up their toys.
Luke Van Buskirk: I can serve others by being a good guy.
Brooke Whitlock: I can serve others by sharing my toys.
Sunbeams Only Sing: Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
Sunbeams Stay Up
Valiant 11 (Sister Smith)
Danielle Mattsson: As Doctrine and Covenants Section 7 verse 22 says. “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: THAT HE LIVES!”
Jesus Christ will return to the earth someday. I feel so blessed to live during this final chapter in the world’s history just before the second coming of Jesus Christ. People all over the world have access to the Scriptures in books and on the Internet and in hundreds of different languages. We have over 50,000 missionaries preaching the gospel in more and more countries, and the entire church can listen to our prophet and apostles at the same time via satellite during General Conference. We have access to the true gospel of Jesus Christ like never before, and it’s now up to us to live and share it with others!
I know that my Savior Loves Me and that He lives!
Stand Up
Entire Primary & Congregation Sing: I Know that My Savior Loves Me
No comments:
Post a Comment