Friday, October 12, 2012

Updated Primary Program Script



Choose the Right
Bermuda Dunes Primary Sacrament Meeting Presentation
October 21, 2012

Ariel (narrator 1):
This year we have been learning, sharing, and talking about how we can all CHOOSE THE RIGHT. We have learned songs, told stories, written talks, and shared experiences about how we feel joy in our lives when we do what we know to be good, true and right.
Our Primary wants to teach you what we have learned. We pray that our testimonies and strong Spirit will reach out and touch you.
“Choose you this day whom ye will serve; . . . but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15).

SONG
CHOOSE THE RIGHT, Hymn 239
Everyone – (Jr. Primary only on 1st chorus)

[Valiant 9 class goes to podium Topic: Agency is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves]
V9-1   Ashlyn
"Agency is the Gift to Choose for Ourselves". In 2 Nephi 27, it reads “Wherefore, men are free . . . to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men”. I want to use this agency to make good choices because joy and happiness come from living the way God wants us to.
V9-2 -- Abi
In the premortal life, I chose to follow God’s plan. Because I chose God’s plan, that means I got to come here and live on earth, learn, and progress.
V9-3 – Mia Housewright
"Jesus Christ created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right. Some of the blessings I have in my life that help me choose the right are good parents and teachers.
V9-4 – Kaylen
One of the blessings I have in my life that helps me choose the right is the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
V9-5 – Mia Hammond
Some of the blessings I have in my life that help me choose the right are the scriptures and family home evening.
V9-6 Rylee
One of the blessings I have in my life that helps me choose the right is Primary.  I get to learn the Gospel and grow my testimony,
V9-7 - Blake
Through the gift of agency, we get to choose whether we follow God and choose the plan of happiness. One of the blessings that come from using my agency wisely includes getting to live with my Heavenly Father again.
V9-8 – Luke Thatcher
A blessing that came when I used my agency wisely was when I got baptized.
V9-9-- Ryan
A blessing that came when I used my agency wisely was when I chose not to complain when my mom asked me to do something that was hard.
V9-10 – Hunter Campbell
A blessing that came when I used my agency wisely was when I chose to get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost.
V9-11 – Jack Bench
A blessing that came when I chose the right was when I made time to help my sister with her chores.
V9-12 -Hunter Hatch
A blessing that came when I chose the right was when I helped my grandma when she needed help in the kitchen.
SONG
“As a Child of God” pg. 28 in the Sharing Time Outline
Everyone, all verses
[Valiant 6 class goes to podium. Topic: When We Choose the Right we are Blessed]
CTR6-1 Jacob
When we choose the right, we are blessed. Mosiah 2:22 says, “If ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you”.
CTR6-2 Tanner
Noah was a good example of the blessings that come when you choose the right. He built an ark when Heavenly Father told him to.
CTR6-3 Kate
Jesus’s disciples were a good example of choosing the right. My favorite story of a disciple from the time of Jesus is when John the Baptist baptized Jesus because Heavenly Father told him to.
CTR6-4 Sophia
We are all blessed when we choose the right. One time I was blessed for choosing the right was when I bought a toy car at school for my sister because I knew she would like it.
CTR6-5 Dominic
One time I was blessed for choosing the right was when I helped take care of the dogs.  I fed them and cleaned up after them.
CTR6-6   Tarah
One time I was blessed for choosing the right was when I helped my baby sister when she was sick.  I gave her some water and she felt much better.
CTR6-7 Rowdy
One time I was blessed for choosing the right when I helped my Mom by taking out the trash.
SONG
STAND FOR THE RIGHT, CS 159
Everyone
[Ariel and Dallen plus Sunbeams go to podium. TOPIC: Living Prophets Teach Me to Choose the Right]
Ariel (narrator 1):
“O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God” (Alma 37:35).
We are so blessed because it is easy for us to learn wisdom and to know the commandments because we have living prophets who teach us to choose the right.
Dallen (narrator 2):
The living prophets speak to us in many ways. One of the most visible ways is during General Conference twice a year. One of the talks during the last conference by Russell M. Nelson taught me ….  The sunbeams and CTR 4 class would like to tell you how they choose the right by following the prophet.

SB1 -- Taylor
I choose to follow the prophet by spending time with my family.
SB2 -- Macey
I choose to follow the prophet by cleaning up with my sister.
SB3 -- Ainsley
I choose to follow the prophet by doing the things that he says.
SB4 -- Stephanie
I choose to follow the prophet by being obedient.
SB5 -- Kennedy
I choose to follow the prophet by going to being nice to others.
SB6 – Avery (new)
I choose to follow the prophet by loving my family.
[CTR 4 goes to podium and answers same questions]
CTR4-1 Mila
 I choose to follow the prophet by saying my prayers every night.
CTR4-2 Ani
  I choose to follow the prophet by being reverent in sacrament.
CTR4-3 Delaney
I choose to follow the prophet by listening to mom and dad.
CTR 4-4 Kate
 I choose to follow the prophet by being modest and wearing one pair of earrings.
CTR4-5 Avery
  I choose to follow the prophet by watching general conference.
CTR4-6 PJ
  I choose to follow the prophet by taking the sacrament every Sunday.
CTR4-7 Macey Meyer
  I choose to follow the prophet by helping others.
SONG
 If The Savior Stood Beside Me
(Dallen Stevens, Drew Mattsson, Annie Saunders, Ariel Carter)

[Valiant 8 goes to podium TOPIC: Jesus Christ Teaches Me to Choose the Right]

V8-1 Walker
 Our Savior said in John 13:15 “For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done unto you.” Jesus Christ came to earth and was the perfect example when He healed the blind man because He actually teaches us all how to see.
V8-2 Caleb
 Another way that Jesus was an example for me was when he cleared out the temple of all the wicked people. He showed everyone that the temple is a holy place where we worship Heavenly Father.
V8-3 Daniel
 Jesus Christ taught me the right way to live everyday. I try to be like him by following the commandments and choosing the right.
V8-4 Josh
 I feel my Savior’s love when I try to be more like him. One time when we were cleaning the house as a family I reminded everyone to be nice to each other. I felt happy as we all worked together.
V8-5 Summer
 I tried to be more like Jesus when I talked to a girl at school that didn’t have any friends. I asked her if she wanted to come play with my friends and I. We are now really good friends.
V8-6 Austin
 I tried to be more like Jesus when I listened in sacrament instead of drawing on the program. I felt my Savior’s love as I heard the sacrament prayers.
V8-7 Anabelle
I tried to be more like Jesus when I pray to Heavenly Father to do the right thing.
V8-8  Anabelle Riddle (new)
I try to be more like Jesus when I am patient with others.

SONG: I’ll Walk With You CS 140 (Sign Language Activity Day Girls, Everyone sings in background)

[CTR 7 goes to podium TOPIC: I Choose the Right When I am Baptized and Confirmed]

CTR 7 – 1 Luke
Jesus Christ also gave us the perfect example when he chose to be baptized in the River Jordan to fulfill all righteousness. I chose the right when I was baptized and confirmed.
In Acts 2:38 it reads, “Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission
of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost”.
CTR 7 – 2 Ty
I was baptized this year. I know that I chose the right in doing this because I turned 8 and I’m following Jesus’ example by keeping the commandments.
CTR 7 – 3   Carson
When I was confirmed I received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I know that I chose the right by choosing to receive this gift. I can also make choices everyday to keep the Spirit with me. When I feel the Spirit, I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and will guide me.
CTR 7 – 4 Kaleb
This year I was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost comforts me and testifies to the truth of all things.
CTR 7 – 5   Garrett
I was baptized yesterday and I get to renew my baptismal covenants every week when I take the sacrament. This helps me to choose the right by remembering Jesus’ example and sacrifice for me.

SONG
“When I Am Baptized” CS 103
(ONLY CHILDREN BAPTIZED IN 2012 – already or will be by the end of the year)
[CTR 5 goes to podium Topic: I Choose the Right by Living Gospel Principles]
CTR 5 – 1 Alysse
In the Book of Mormon, we read about Nephi, the son of Lehi. Nephi was a great example of choosing the right. In 1 Nephi 3:16 we read him saying, “Wherefore, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord”. The CTR 5 class would now like to tell you about some of the principles we learned about this year.
CTR 5 – 2 GK
I pray to Heavenly Father for strength to do what is right. I like to pray so I can be healthy.
CTR 5 – 3     Luke
I am just a child, but I can obey the Word of Wisdom by eating food that is healthy for me and never drinking beer.
CTR 5 – 4     Brinley
I choose the right by dressing modestly. I wear modest clothes because my mom told me to.
CTR 5 – 5    Logan
We should pray while fasting.  One time I prayed and fasted for my dog that was run over by a car.  He is fine today.
CTR 5 – 6    Claire
I choose the right by being kind and doing and saying nice things to others. One time, I chose to be kind by helping my mom clean the house.
CTR 5 – 7 -- Brooke
Reverence is deep respect and love toward God. I tried to be reverent by listening in church.
CTR 5 – 8   Sawyer
Honesty is telling the truth no matter what. I chose to be honest when my mom asked me if I cleaned up the toy room.
CTR 5 – 9   Maverick
When we live gospel principles, we choose the right. We are choosing a firm foundation.  It is as though we are building our house upon a rock.
SONG
Nephi’s Courage
CS 120-121 (Valiant 10&11)
[Valiant 10 and 11  TOPIC: I Choose to Fill My Life with Things That Invite the Spirit]
V10-1 Aubrey
I choose to fill my life with things that invite the spirit.
“If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things” (Articles of Faith 1:13).
Now our class will share with you some ways that help us have the Spirit.
V10-2 Drew
Having good friends will help me choose the right because they can be a good influence on me and help feel me feel the Spirit.
V10-3 Austin
Having good friends will help me choose the right because they will help me to be a better person.
V10-4 Olivia
Participating in activity days helps me feel the Spirit because we get chances to serve others.
V10-5 Lorelei
Praying to Heavenly Father helps me to feel the Spirit. I know he hears and answers my prayers.
V10-6 Annie
I should read, listen to, and look at things that are pleasing to Heavenly Father. This helps me feel the Spirit and it makes me feel peaceful.
V10 -- 7 Adrian
Reading the scriptures helps me to feel the spirit. One example is when I was trying to finish the Scriptures and I felt a warm feeling in my heart.
V10 – 8 Cambria
Looking at the church web site on the computer helps me to feel the spirit.  One thing I found on a church web site was stories from the Friend magazine.
V11–9 Emily
Listening to music that is pleasing to Heavenly Father helps me feel happy and encourages me to do the right thing.
V11 – 10 Amanda Sutton
 Watching movies that are pleasing to Heavenly Father helps me feel the Spirit.  One good movie that helped me feel the spirit was “The Ten Commandments.”
V11 -- 11 Brayden Smith
Looking at bad computer web sites takes away the spirit.  I use the computer only for good reasons like school assignments or watching General Conference.
V-10 – 12 Ariel
Playing the hymns on the piano helps me to feel the spirit.  When I play “I Believe In Christ” I feel the spirit strongly.
V10  -- 13 (narrator 2) Dallen
Coming to church helps me to feel the spirit. When I sing in Sacrament meetings I feel like I am singing to Heavenly Father and Jesus.
 (Say last line slowly) I hope that you all have felt the spirit today as we have been able to share these things with you.
SONG
I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus CS78-79
Everyone
Narrator Dallen Stevens:
We invite the congregation to join us in the second verse of our final song, “Choose the Right.
SONG
Choose the Right
Primary, verse 1, Congregation, Verse 2

No comments: