I KNOW THE SCRIPTURES ARE TRUE
Bermuda Dunes Primary Program 2011
Sister Saunders This year our theme in primary has been: I know the scriptures are true……
Sunbeams/CTR 4
Sister Francis: 2nd Nephi chapter 32 verse 3 states, “Feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.”
Mia Herrera The scriptures teach us to choose the right.
Kate Lamm My favorite story in the Book of Mormon is about Alma and Amulek teaching the people.
Avery Dean We receive blessings when we read the scriptures.
Noah Bailey The words of Christ help us every day.
Mila Biesinger My dad reads me the scriptures before I go to bed because he’s nice.
PJ Saunders When we read the scriptures we can learn about Jesus and Heavenly Father and how to be nice and think about how other people are feeling.
Delaney Mangan The scriptures are the word of God.
Maverick Risenmay My family reads the scriptures at night and I feel good because I like reading with them.
Brinley Mattsson We can each know that the scriptures are true if we listen with our hearts.
Malia Howell I like to read the scriptures because it makes me feel like I’m reading with Jesus.
SONG: If I listen with my Heart
(primary sing verse 1, group sings verse 2 & 3)
Julie Barney: Moses chapter 1 verse 39 says, “For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.”
The Family: A Proclamation to the World declares that we are “Each beloved spirit sons or daughters of heavenly parents, and, as such, we each have a divine nature and destiny.”
GK Johnson Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family helps me follow it!
Brooke Whitlock My family loves me and helps me choose the right and read the scriptures.
Sawyer Homec Jesus Christ sent me here to live with my dad and mom. My mom taught me how to sweep things up when I was a baby and when I grew up I knew how b/c she taught me.
Claire Thatcher My family helps me read the scriptures and say the right things.
Luke Van Buskirk My family helps me be reverent so I can feel the spirit.
Logan Thatcher From Jesus I learned to be reverent and go to primary.
Alysse Bean I will follow God’s plan by choosing the right each day.
Song: I WILL FOLLOW GOD’S PLAN
(primary)
CTR 5
Lance Barney: Doctrine & Covenants section 1 verse 38 states, “What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, …whether by mine own voice of by the voice of my servants, it is the same.”
Lorelei Bailey Our prophet speaks to us in General Conference and I read his words in The Friend magazine.
Sophia Biesigner Heavenly Father loves us and He wants to help us in our lives. He sends prophets to lead and guide us while we’re on the earth.
Tarah Brunelle There is safety in following the prophet.
Kate Barney We are blessed to be led by a living Prophet. Prophets are servants of the Lord and speak for Heavenly Father.
Tanner Lamm Our prophet today is President Thomas S. Monson.
SONG: STAND FOR THE RIGHT
(primary)
CTR 6/7
Carson Dean The 3rd Article of Faith proclaims, “We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”
Luke Saunders Jesus Christ loves us so much that He gave His life so that we can live with Him again someday. Whenever we have problems we can think of this and it will help us feel peaceful.
Garrett Whitlock Christ’s Atonement gives us a chance to repent of our sins. He did this so we can be with Heavenly Father again. This makes me feel good.
Caleb Van Buskirk Jesus Christ lived a perfect life when He was on the earth. He obeyed all of the commandments and He treated everyone with kindness and love.
Ty Mello Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He is the perfect example and I’m trying to be like Him.
SONG: He Sent His Son
(jr primary sings asking, sr primary sings answers)
McKee Thatcher
The 6th Article of Faith says, “We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.”
Tell the story of the First Vision
In Doctrine & Covenants section 135 verse 3 we read, “Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it…He lived great and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own blood…”
SONG: PRAISE TO THE MAN
(verse 1 and 2 entire primary, 3rd v: sr. primary boys-all sing chorus)
S. Stearman: The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored to Earth. Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration of the Gospel. He translated the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ. The priesthood has also been restored. That means that sacred ordinances can be performed again on Earth.
Worthy priesthood holders can baptize others, confirm them a member of the church and give them the gift of the Holy Ghost. The children in my primary class had a special birthday this year. Some have turned 8, and were baptized. A couple are looking forward to their birthdays and baptisms. They will tell you about their experience.
Walker Risenmay It was special to get baptized with my cousin. I liked it when I saw all my family there with us.
Summer Mc Rae
Olivia Gines
Austin Ruiz It was very special to have my uncle baptize me because he baptized my brother too. I love that my family was there!
Josh Risk I felt special when my dad, grandpa and the bishop laid their hands on my head and gave me the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Daniel Carter I am really excited to be baptized by my dad and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I can’t wait to be a member of Christ’s church!”
Caleb VanBuskirk: I am excited to be part of spreading the gospel when I am baptized. I can’t wait to get the priesthood!
SONG: Baptism Song
(Sister Stearmans class)
Valiant 8—class setting w/B. Sutton leading discussion
B. Sutton: In The Family: A Proclamation to the World we read, “Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.”
How do you feel about the temple?
Luke Thatcher When I see or talk about the temple I feel joy.
Rachael Howell I love my family and I’m really happy that I can be with them. I’m glad we have eternal life so I can live together forever.
Mia Housewright My family is nice and caring. Every time I go to bed my mom kisses me goodnight, tucks me in, and we have family prayer.
Abby Carter If I couldn’t be with my family I don’t know where I’d be right now. I like that they’re always there for me.
B. Sutton: What can you do know to prepare yourselves to go to the temple?
Ashlyn Bean The temple is a house of God. I can prepare to go to the temple now by praying and helping with my sisters.
Ryan Ruiz I’m preparing to go to the temple by following the prophet.
Blake Whitlock I can prepare now to be temple worthy by praying, going to church and reading my scriptures.
Hunter Hatch Temples are special, holy places where we can feel closer to Heavenly Father. I can prepare to go to the temple by choosing the right at school.
Kaylen Brunelle The pioneers worked hard and sacrificed to build temples. It took them 40 years to build the Salt Lake Temple. We are blessed to have the Redlands Temple nearby.
SONG: I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE
(primary)
Dominic and Adriann: share how they felt when they were in the temple
Brayden Smith: family being sealed experience
SONG: FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER
(Carter Family)
Valiant 9/10/11
Kylee Bailey 1st Corinthians chapter 3 verses 16 & 17 read, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? …The temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.”Our bodies were created by Heavenly Father. They are sacred gifts and we should keep them pure and clean.
Austin Barney When we live the Word of Wisdom we are treating our bodies as temples. Following the Word of Wisdom blesses us with a healthy body, a strong mind, and the guidance of the Holy Ghost.
Drew Mattsson The 13th Article of Faith says, “If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.” We should only read, watch, and listen to wholesome things in order to keep our minds clean and pure.
Aubrey Risenmay Temples are beautiful, sacred buildings where the Spirit of God is always present. My body is also a temple. When I dress modestly I can have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion. Dressing modestly shows respect for Heavenly Father and for myself.
SONG: THE LORD GAVE ME A TEMPLE
(primary)
Arial Carter James chapter 1 verse 5 says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”
Annie Saunders: I think it’s really interesting to read about the prophets in the scriptures. I am trying to follow their examples.
Rylee Mangan: The scriptures teach that reverence is love and respect for God.
Dallen Stevens The scriptures teach that prayer is reverent communication between our self and Heavenly Father. They teach us that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I know the scriptures help me because whenever I read them in the morning I have a much better day.
Alysse Francis As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we know that we have a loving Father in Heaven. We lived with Him before we came to earth and we are not alone during this life. Heavenly Father has given us instructions to help us find our way back to Him.
Kaitlyn Howell The scriptures teach about Missionary work and how it blesses everyone. They teach that the gospel will be preached to all the world.
Cambria Hatch: I can be a missionary right now by being a good example to my friends at school.
Amanda Sutton Doctrine & Covenants section 133 verse 37 states, “The gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.”
Cooper Mello: I know I can prepare now to serve a mission by studying my scriptures and keeping the commandments.
Madison Risk There is power in the scriptures. One day I read a verse I love. It’s in Mosiah 2:17 and says “…when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God”. This verse has helped me look at the kids differently around me and help them the way Jesus would want me to.
SONG: I KNOW THAT MY SAVIOR LOVES ME
(primary)
Closing Remarks: Will Sutton
This year our Primary leaders challenged us to read our scriptures every day. 2nd Nephi chapter 32verse 3 says “Feast upon the words of Christ, for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.” Some days we feasted on the scriptures, some days we just nibbled on the scriptures, but every time we opened our scriptures we tried to listen for our Savior’s voice.
I know the Scriptures are true (say bolded words slowly) and the words in them allow us to grow closer to Jesus Christ & our Heavenly Father.
We are grateful to have had the opportunity to learn about our Savior in Primary this year, and to share what we have learned with you. We know that our Savior lives. He loves all of us, and he has provided the way for us to return to live with our Heavenly Father, If we listen and obey his words. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment