Dear Parents,
Would you look at that! Your trusty Primary Presidency has tried to make it even more convenient for you to help your children prepare for this year's Primary Program. How did they do this, you might ask? Well, down below on this Oh-So-Long post, you will find the actual Program script and music list! Now, before you start to worry, we will still send those little strips of paper home with your children that give their part in the regular "easy to lose," "even easier to throw away" fashion. But we thought that with technology and all, this would be a great way for all to practice, practice, and practice their parts. Besides, we don't mind letting everyone read the script before it's presented during Sacrament meeting, because we know that during the actual meeting, something will change, someone will do something potentially embarrassing (probably me) and it will be different coming from the children's own lips.
So thank you for reading this post and helping your child prepare for their part! Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Your Loyal Primary Presidency
PS. You will likely see some blanks that need to be filled in by some of the kids...we're going to try to have those filled soon...
Bermuda Dunes Sacrament Meeting Primary Program 2009
Music: The Family is of God--entire primary singing only the chorus. Then the quartet continues humming while…
Tre Risk- In April of 1999, the world was given "The Family: A Proclamation to the World." It is an example of modern revelation that teaches among other things, the importance of marriage and how all of our families can find happiness and joy now and for eternity.
Raychel Jackman- This year in Primary, every month has been devoted to teaching us that families are an important and integral part of our Heavenly Father's plan. Through the Atonement of Christ we can return to our Heavenly Father and remain eternal families.
End Song with Quartet singing a single chorus. Aubrey Risenmay and Raychel Jackman, Andrew Barney and Tre Risk
CTR 5 (I AM A SPIRIT CHILD OF HEAVENLY FATHER.)
Eric Valdez I am a Spirit child of my Heavenly Father.
Garrett Whitlock Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan for me.
Luke Saunders I lived with Heavenly Father before I came to earth.
Carson Dean The family is ordained of God and is central to His plan.
Cheyenne Moore The family is central to His plan.
SONG: I Lived in Heaven
All Primary sing 1st verse
2nd verse: Jade McBride, Derek VanBuskirk
3rd verse: Leo Brunelle and Dylan VanBuskirk, Haylee Jackman and Annie Saunders
CTR 7 (I CAME TO EARTH AS PART OF A FAMILY.)
Sister Ray Class, do you know who the first family was on the earth?
Ryiane Robey Adam and Eve were the first family placed on the earth.
Sister Ray That’s right, we can read in the Book of Moses that Adam and Eve were married, had
children, and taught the Gospel to their children. Where do we learn about other
righteous families?
Mia Housewright Throughout the scriptures we read that Heavenly Father blesses righteous families.
Ryan Ruiz Like the time that Noah's family was protected from the flood. They were able to survive
and live on the ark.
Rachael Howell We can read in the scriptures that Lehi's family was also protected. He took his
family out of Jerusalem safely after receiving a vision that the wicked city would
be destroyed.
Luke Thatcher We can also read about the time that Heavenly Father warned Joseph to take his wife
Mary and Jesus and flee into Egypt to protect them from the wicked King.
Blake Whitlock Heavenly Father continues to bless our families today through his creations, and
through the Priesthood.
Hunter Hatch As the Proclamation states: The family is ordained of God. It is important for
my family to learn from the examples of the scriptural families so we can learn how to be
righteous.
SONG: How Firm a Foundation
1st Verse: All Primary
All other verses with Congregation
CTR 4 (FAMILY MEMBERS HAVE IMPORTANT RESPONSIBILITIES.)
Kate Barney Every family member has responsiblities. In my family I have to pick up the laundry.
Sophia Biesinger I help my family by:
____________________________________________________.
Will Terry My daddy works hard to provide for my family and preside over us.
Jaiden Bills My mom nurtures my family. To nurture means that she teaches, feeds and
comforts me.
Shaylee Kluber I can obey my parents by cleaning my room.
Lorelai Bailey I like to help my family by playing with my brothers.
Dominic Valdez I can help my family by picking up my toys.
Berkeley Mabeus I can help my family and they can help me too.
SONG Love is Spoken Here
1st Verse: Bailey Dean and Danielle Mattsson
2nd Verse: Spencer Jackson and William Sutton
Valiant 10 (JESUS CHRIST MADE IT POSSIBLE TO LIVE WITH MY HEAVENLY FATHER AGAIN.)
Leo Brunelle In Psalm 82:6 we read “All of you are children of the most High.”
Evan Carlyle In the premortal life we knew that we were children of God. We voted for a plan that
would send us to earth where we would have choices to make and the Spirit to guide us.
Jade McBride But we also knew that when we came to earth, that we would make mistakes. We knew
that we would need repentance and most importantly, the Atonement in our lives.
Reed McRae The Atonement is the single most influential and important act ever performed. Because
of the Atonement of Christ we have the opportunity to return to our Heavenly Father. The
Atonement makes it possible for everyone, all those who were born before, during, and
after Christ, to inherit the Kingdom of God.
Bailey Dean Testimony of the Savior.
Dylan VanBuskirk Testimony of the Savior.
SONG I Believe in Christ
All Primary
CTR 8 (BAPTISM AND CONFIRMATION ARE ORDINANCES THAT BLESS MY FAMILY.)
Kylee Bailey “Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of
God” -John 3:5
Austin Barney Baptism is the first ordinance of the Gospel. I am grateful that I could be baptized and
confirmed a member of the church.
Cambria Hatch Jesus Christ was baptized as an example of how we should be baptized.
Capree Garrett I will follow Christ’s example and be baptized by immersion also.
Haylee Jackman Because I was baptized and confirmed with the gift of the Holy Ghost, I and my family are
entitled to blessings as we follow the promptings of the Spirit.
Marco Valdez Tell us a memory of your baptism.
Aubrey Risenmay Tell us a memory of your baptism.
Drew Mattsson Tell us a memory of your baptism. Then end with…baptism and confirmation are
ordinances that bless my family.
SONG Baptism
All CTR 8 class
Last verse: All Primary
CTR 8 cont. (FAITH, PRAYER, REPENTANCE, AND FORGIVENESS STRENGTHEN ME AND MY FAMILY.)
Annie Saunders As the Proclamation on the family states, “Successful…families are established and
maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, and forgiveness.”
Ryan McBride Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ strengthens me and my family. I can show faith by:
_________________________________________________________________.
Lauren Range Prayer can strengthen every family. Heavenly Father wants us to communicate with Him
individually and even as a family so we can discuss our concerns and our gratitude with
Him.
Rylee Mangen Repentance also helps all of us return to our Heavenly Father. Sometimes we might be
angry or mean to our brothers, sisters, moms or dads and we need to change our
attitudes. Repentance shows that we are sorry for things that we’ve done wrong and
demonstrates that we want to change.
Adrian Valdez Just as we need to repent, we all need to learn how to forgive one another. We all will
make mistakes and will need to use repentance and forgiveness even within our own
families.
Dallen Stevens I like the story of Joseph being sold into Egypt by his brothers. Not because I like the
idea of getting rid of my sibling, but because even though Joseph was treated so badly by
his brothers, he still knew that he needed to forgive them and he wanted to. We should all
remember that depth of forgiveness illustrated in the story and strive to be more like him
in that way.
Pierce Sterling We all need to enact the principles of faith, prayer, repentance and forgiveness in our
lives and in our families.
SONG Seek the Lord Early
1st Verse: First line: Madisen Risk
2nd Verse: First line: Shendra Stevens
CTR 6 (I WILL STRENGTHEN MY FAMILY.)
Walker Risenmay I will strengthen my family. We would like to share with you some ways that we can
do this.
Summer McRae Family prayer will strengthen every family. I like it when my family prays together. We
like to pray in my mom and dad’s room.
Caleb VanBuskirk My family likes to pray in the family room.
Emma Jackson Reading the scriptures strengthens my family. I like the story of the golden plates
Benjamin Terry I like to read the scriptures with my mom and dad, they teach me about the Prophets and
the stories of Jesus.
Austin Ruiz Family home evening can strengthen every family. We should all try to spend quality time
together by learning the Gospel and playing games.
Josh Risk One of my favorite family home evenings is when we play scripture charades.
Extra It says in Mosiah 4:13, “And ye will not have a mind to injure one another, but to live
peaceably.
SONG My Eternal Family
All Primary
Valiant 10 (TEMPLE BLESSINGS UNITE FAMILIES.)
Spencer Jackson Temple blessings unite families. My parents were sealed together in the _______temple.
I’m very grateful that we can be an eternal family.
Milo Gubler Matthew 16:19 says: “I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and
whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt
loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Madison Whitlock The temple truly is a house of God. The temple is truly God’s house here on earth. My
parents were sealed in the Washington DC temple.
Hannah Range Temples are most beautiful and always kept extremely clean. This is an example of how I
should keep my temple, or my body, so that the Spirit can stay with me too. I can prepare
now to go to the temple.
Derek VanBuskirk My family can be together forever through the ordinances performed in the temple. There
are baptism, sealing, and endowment ordinances performed within the temple.
William Sutton Family History and temple work bless all the generations of my family. Because there are
these special ordinances performed in the temple, we all have the opportunity to be eternal families, even our ancestors who have gone on before us. I want to live righteously so that I can attend the temple when I am older.
SONG Families Can Be Together Forever
1st Verse: Madison Whitlock
Chorus: All Primary
2nd Verse: Dallin Stevens
Chorus: All Primary
1st Verse again but in sign language.
Valiant 9 (PROPHETS TEACH ME HOW TO STRENGTHEN MY FAMILY.)
Amanda Sutton In D&C 1:38 it says, “What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, ..whether by mind own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.” We learn by this scripture that we all need to listen to the prophets voice. He is speaking for our Heavenly Father.
David Enos Bible prophets teach me how to strengthen my family. I can learn from Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham and Sarah, as well as Zacharias and Elizabeth.
Boston Mabeus Book of Mormon prophets also teach me how to strengthen my family. I can learn by reading the stories of Nephi and his family and Alma with his son Alma the younger. We should be reading the stories of the prophets with our families as well as by ourselves.
Kaitlyn Howell Prophets teach me how to strengthen my family. It’s important that I listen to what they tell us. Because Heavenly Father still loves us, he continues to send prophets to us. The prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson still teaches us ways that we can strengthen our families.
McKee Thatcher Modern prophets have given us “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.” This is modern revelation that teaches us truths about the family unit here on earth.
Brayden Smith The Proclamation teaches us the importance of marriage, it teaches my family how to be happy and it also teaches us the importance of work. As we work together, we will strengthen our family.
Madisen Risk As the Proclamation states: “The family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.” This modern revelation through the prophets is what Heavenly Father wants us to know right now.
SONG Follow the Prophet 1st and 9th Verse
Valiant 11 (MY FAMIY AND I CAN SERVE OTHERS./ MY FAMILY IS BLESSED WHEN WE REMEMBER JESUS CHRIST.)
Shendra Stevens My family and I can serve others. In Galatians 5:13 it says: “By love serve one another.”
Sometimes we get involved in a lot of different activities and we have really busy schedules as a family. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t take the time to serve others and even on a daily basis. This could mean a simple smile to a stranger or a service project for a friend.
Danielle Mattsson By serving others, we are doing what Christ did when He walked the earth. He loved and served everyone. All of our families are blessed when we remember Jesus Christ in our actions, our deeds, and our thoughts. We will have happier and more peaceful homes and we will be an example to others that they can have love in their homes too.
Brooke Smith When Jesus was on the earth, He too was born into a family. The family unit is something that was meant for all of us to participate while here on earth.
Otis Sterling Every week, when we partake of the Sacrament, we can remember our Savior and the principles that He taught us. When I remember these things, it helps me choose the right.
Andrew Barney As a primary this year, we have discussed that we are all children of our Heavenly Father who loves us and sent us down to earth as families on purpose. We have important responsibilities, we have ordinances performed, and we have principles of righteousness to guide us here. We should read scriptures together, pray together, listen to the prophets together, and serve others together. All these things that we, as families, will live together forever as eternal families. Simply put, the Family is of God.
SONG The Family is of God
1st verse, 1st line: Aubrey Risenmay, 2nd line: Kylee Bailey
Chorus: All Primary
2nd verse, 1st line: Adrian Valdez, 2nd line: Marco Valdez
Chorus: All Primary
3rd verse: 1st line: Ryan McBride, 2nd line: Drew
Chorus: All Primary a cappella.
No comments:
Post a Comment